- — Jeffrey Dvorkin (@jdvorkin)Mon, Aug 12 2013 13:46:40#NPR mgmt is distancing itself from its own ombuds report http://www.npr.org/blogs/ombudsman/2013/08/09/186943929/s-dakota-indian-foster-care-1-investigative-storytelling-gone-awry ……
- — E. Schumacher-Matos (@SchumacherMatos)Tue, Aug 13 2013 03:33:17Interviewed today by @davidfolkenflik for @npratc http://www.npr.org/2013/08/12/211386932/npr-ombudsman-differ-on-s-dakota-indian-foster-care-series …… Would add length of my report reflects complexity of subject matter
- — Dan Nguyen (@dancow)Tue, Aug 13 2013 01:06:02This NPR ombudsman investigative blog post is longer than most investigative news projects http://www.npr.org/blogs/ombudsman/2013/08/09/186943929/s-dakota-indian-foster-care-1-investigative-storytelling-gone-awry …… h/t Poynterr
- — David Quinones (@David_Quinones)Mon, Aug 12 2013 20:49:24
- — David Folkenflik (@davidfolkenflik)Sun, Aug 11 2013 00:51:57Very sharp split at NPR between ombuds' findings of profound failings on series and NPR's basic defense of series & critique of ombudsman
- — Elizabeth Jensen (@ejensenNYC)Mon, Aug 12 2013 18:38:26If Brill's Content were still around it could investigate this @nprombudsman investigation, which @NPR disputes. http://www.scribd.com/doc/159252168/Full-NPR-Ombudsman-Report-South-Dakota-Foster-Care-Investigative-Storytelling-Gone-Awry …68/…
- — Jay Rosen (@jayrosen_nyu)Sat, Aug 10 2013 16:07:32Ombudsman finds major flaws in an investigation but NPR's top editors contest most of his critique. Highly unusual. http://www.npr.org/blogs/ombudsman/2013/08/09/2013/08/09/210615253/editors-note?live=1 ……
- — WhoDoes (@whodoesblog)Mon, Aug 12 2013 17:41:14When someone says, "It's not worth it for me to take the time to refute your points," that's often a sign they can't. http://www.npr.org/blogs/ombudsman/2013/08/09/2013/08/09/210615253/editors-note?live=1 ……
- — Nick Gasper (@chronophage)Mon, Aug 12 2013 16:52:54Hey @nprnews, this is scathing: http://www.npr.org/blogs/ombudsman/2013/08/09/186943929/s-dakota-indian-foster-care-1-investigative-storytelling-gone-awry …… Please address this point-by-point if you are going to stand by this story.
- — Allison Eck (@allisonceck)Mon, Aug 12 2013 03:12:09
- — Garrett Therolf (@gtherolf)Mon, Aug 12 2013 01:14:55A brutal reminder that reporting on foster care is so complex, always controversial, never finished http://n.pr/110JAof
- — Craig Silverman (@CraigSilverman)Sun, Aug 11 2013 00:08:53NPR ombud finds award-winning investigative series "was deeply flawed and should not have been aired as it was." http://buff.ly/1eATTqp
- — Craig Silverman (@CraigSilverman)Sun, Aug 11 2013 00:10:41...senior NPR execs respond, saying ombud's "unprecedented effort to 're-report' parts of story" is "deeply flawed" http://buff.ly/15oVkCN
- — Celeste Headlee (@CelesteHeadlee)Sun, Aug 11 2013 17:49:11
- — Wab Kinew (@WabKinew)Sat, Aug 10 2013 20:35:30Must read for those reporting in Indigenous communities: NPR ombudsman wraps network for Indian Chilf Welfare series http://www.npr.org/blogs/ombudsman/2013/08/09/186943868/s-dakota-indian-foster-care-2-abuse-in-taking-children-from-families ……
- — Hannah Groch-Begley (@grouchybagels)Sun, Aug 11 2013 13:46:10Still not over this NPR vs. NPR ombudsman fight. Which side is right? What is required of good journalism AND good ombudsman-ship??
- — Gene Weingarten (@geneweingarten)Sat, Aug 10 2013 19:53:05
- — Ian Hill (@ianhillmedia)Sat, Aug 10 2013 17:14:25Wow, Kinsey says NPR ombudsman hindered NPR's ability to follow up on an investigation. http://www.npr.org/blogs/ombudsman/2013/08/09/2013/08/09/210615253/editors-note?live=1 …… pubmediaa
NPR and its ombudsman split over critical report
NPR dismissed Edward Schumacher-Matos' report on an 2011 investigation.