- — Melissa Bell (@MelissaBell)Wed, Oct 22 2014 00:01:03He liked egg salad sandwiches, beautiful blondes and taking down a president. I am so glad I knew Ben Bradlee. http://wapo.st/1FzaivP
- — Justin Bank (@bankonjustin)Tue, Oct 21 2014 23:59:513x times I had the pleasure of Ben Bradlee asking what I drink. 3x I said 'anything brown.' 3x he laughed. Coolest dude in the room always.
- — Mark Knoller (@markknoller)Wed, Oct 22 2014 00:17:54Pres Obama recited poem on Bradlee by Sen Moynihan: “O rare Ben Bradlee/His reign has ceased/But his nation stands/Its strength increased.”
- — Joe Browne (@NFLonTheHill)Wed, Oct 22 2014 00:37:56@washingtonpost editor Ben Bradlee, who died today, loved sports & thght they were vital to success of his paper. Not all editors do.
- — Washington Post (@washingtonpost)Wed, Oct 22 2014 00:17:56David Remnick on Ben Bradlee: "That paper wasn't any good before he got there. It wasn't even the best paper" in DC http://wapo.st/1FzfYWH
- — Tom Jolly (@TomJolly)Wed, Oct 22 2014 00:18:03“We would follow this man over any hill, into any battle,” Bradlee's successor, Leonard Downie Jr., once said. http://nyti.ms/1yWp7a0
- — trey wingo (@wingoz)Wed, Oct 22 2014 00:24:01Ben Bradlee had the courage to back 2 young unproven reporters on a story no one cared about. It was only Watergate. Need more like him. RIP
- — Steve Silberman (@stevesilberman)Wed, Oct 22 2014 00:06:27Reading WaPo's obit for editor Ben Bradlee, it's hard not to feel an ache for what newspapers once were. http://goo.gl/T1yxSP
- — Anna Fifield (@annafifield)Wed, Oct 22 2014 00:21:48
- — Jim Brady (@jimbradysp)Wed, Oct 22 2014 00:14:13I am a journalism cliche: Got into it because of "All the President's Men." Saw it at 9 w/ parents. Darth Vader had nothing on Ben Bradlee.
- — Matt Haber (@Matthaber)Wed, Oct 22 2014 00:04:49"He is lit up from inside, like neon." David Remnick on Ben Bradlee, @NewYorker, September 18, 1995. RIP: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1995/09/18/last-of-the-red-hots …
- — Michael Cronin (@TMichaelCronin)Wed, Oct 22 2014 00:25:04RIP Ben Bradlee. An icon to American journalists. More importantly, his WW2 service reads like a history book. 13 MAJOR battles he was in.
Journalists remember Ben Bradlee
The legendary Washington Post editor has died at 93