- — Free Snowden (@free_snowden)Mon, Mar 10 2014 17:01:17#Snowden: "Would I do it again? Absolutely yes. I took an oath to defend the Constitution & I saw it was being violated on a massive scale."
- — USA TODAY Technology (@usatodaytech)Mon, Mar 10 2014 16:59:36"The government has never said any single one of these stories have risked a human life,” says Snowden.
- — Lou Rinaldi (@LouRinaldi)Mon, Mar 10 2014 16:58:27
- — ACLU National (@ACLU)Mon, Mar 10 2014 16:58:01
- — Shanley (@shanley)Mon, Mar 10 2014 16:45:19Tech loves Snowden because it gives us another skinny white male boy genius to fawn over instead of addressing tech's surveillance culture
- — Charlie Beckett (@CharlieBeckett)Mon, Mar 10 2014 16:56:17As #snowden speaks to #SXSW from Moscow on NSA etc, this piece on Putin's attempt to control the Russian internet http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/polis/2012/03/01/russian-elections-the-struggle-for-power-between-state-and-network-society/ …
- — Hebah Abdalla (@aljazeeraprdcr)Mon, Mar 10 2014 16:55:24
- — FrankfurtFinanz (@FrankfurtFinanz)Mon, Mar 10 2014 16:47:44Russia might have "invaded" its province of Crimea but it didnt invade the privacy of 450 million Europeans like the US w/ its NSA. #Snowden
- — Geoffrey Fowler (@geoffreyfowler)Mon, Mar 10 2014 16:47:18
- — Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald)Mon, Mar 10 2014 16:43:50Snowden: "Encryption does work" - find out here how to use it: https://pressfreedomfoundation.org/encryption-works …
- — Loyal Moses (@loyalmoses)Mon, Mar 10 2014 16:41:31… and bank robbers improved bank security. But guess what? They still go to prison. Snowden will be in Russia until his usefulness is gone.
- — Erik Hersman (@whiteafrican)Mon, Mar 10 2014 16:37:46
- — Andy Carvin (@acarvin)Mon, Mar 10 2014 16:37:09Audience q: why is gov data collection worse than companies doing it? Snowden: govts have military/intel powers. They can kill you.
- — Sam Kirkland (@samkirkla)Mon, Mar 10 2014 16:34:02
Snowden's virtual conversation at SXSW
Former security analyst Edward Snowden spoke at South by Southwest on Monday. Here was the buzz around his talk. What did you think of his points? Add your comments below.
byPoynter2 Likes1,247 Views