- — Bill Gerth (@comcastcares)Thu, May 30 2013 00:07:25ALERT Charleston Customers; We are aware of a fiber cut that is affecting your services at this time. We have techs working on this issue
How did people cope?
- — David Slade (@DSladeNews)Wed, May 29 2013 21:53:25
- — Cantorina (@Cantorina)Wed, May 29 2013 20:37:58
Not everyone handled it gracefully
- — Christa Starr Buchan (@christabuchan)Wed, May 29 2013 20:14:36Holy moly! Had a reg sched comcast appt today. Someone followed the van - chasing the comcast guy into my yard for info on his outage
The outage was particularly hard on businesses
- — Seth Rubenstein (@sethrubenstein)Wed, May 29 2013 20:46:31I wonder what havoc Comcast being down during #comcastpocalypse will have on commerce, credit card readers down?
- — Cypress Restaurant (@CypressRest)Wed, May 29 2013 19:20:52Phones and OpenTable are down because of Comcast outage. Should be ok by 5 but if you can't get through for a reso, we're open reg biz hours
- — Fleet Landing (@fleetlanding)Wed, May 29 2013 17:55:08Comcast is having issues in the area...again! So - no phones. If you need to talk to us, please email us at... http://fb.me/Bwwb0Xoe
- — Courtney Gibson (@courtneymgibson)Wed, May 29 2013 19:55:19
- At least people still had their sense of humor
What did you do when Comcast was down in Charleston?
Comcast service went down about 1 p.m. Wednesday after a fiber optic cable was cut. Comcast first told customers it was expected to be over by 5 p.m., then 10 p.m. and then 1 a.m. As the outage went on for 8 hours, Lowcountry residents took to social media to vent.
byPost & Courier1 Like7,008 Views