References: Jefferson County Party Chairs
- Gilbert T. Adams - Jefferson County Democratic Party chairman
(409) 835-3000 / email@example.com
"He's a multi-talented young man with a bright future," the party chair said.
- Beaumont Enterprise
J. Shane Howard - Jefferson County Republican Party chairman
(409) 656-0370 / firstname.lastname@example.org
"I actually think very highly of him," Howard said. "We don't always agree. But he is in politics for the right reasons."
2005-2008 Executive Director Jefferson County Democratic Party
"Deshotel has been executive director of the Jefferson County Democratic Party since November 2005. Before then he held staff positions and internships with U.S. Rep. Nick Lampson.
While he was executive director, Jefferson County saw visits from two presidential candidates and both of their spouses."-Beaumont Enterprise
- "Deshotel increased the partys presence on local media and at events, and helped bring both Barack Obama and his wife to Jefferson County during the primary season."-Fox 4
- November 4th, 2008 - Jefferson County just 1 of 28 counties President Obama won in Texas in 2008.
- November 6th, 2008 - I accept Jeff. Co. Field Director position for Chris Bell for Texas Senate.
- December 16th, 2008 - Bell lost the race but won Jefferson County 5-1.
- January 3rd, 2010 - Beaumont Enterprise interview for article on SETX "Rising Stars".
- January 13th, 2009 - Texas Legislative Internship with Rep. Joe Deshotel
March 2010 - Formed BGP Strategies in preparation for the 82nd session.
- January 11th, 2011 - Began advocating on behalf of clients for the 82nd session. We used various forms of communications including digital. Clients included Entergy Texas, and the Texas Legislative Black Caucus and Rep. Joe Deshotel.
- February 2nd, 2011 - Rep. Deshotel announces he will "expand online conversation".
- Texas Lobby group PAAT calls Rep. Deshotel the number 1 Influential Legislator on Twitter for #TxLege.
- June 2011 - I started Blogging at JoeThePleb.com inspired by the "Tribune" and "Joe the Plumber".