- — Danya Henninger (@phillydesign)Tue, Oct 14 2014 03:25:12Fellow Philadelphians, which hurts your ears/eyes more: ph-isms (phan, phriend, phun) or tw-words (tweeple, twittiquette, twagiarism)?
- Many go with "ph-"
- But there's just as vocal a contingent — maybe more vocal — that feels "tw-" is more offensive
- The Phanatic has probably ingratiated the practice among sportsfans
- And of course, there's a way to not see any of the "twocab" at all
- — Jawn Tollefson (@mikeyil)Tue, Oct 14 2014 04:21:04
- So "ph-" isn't so bad, just another one of the trials we must suffer to live in this glorious city
- Philadelphia is worth it.
Which is worse, ph- or tw-?
Many portmanteaux are wonderful. But some are overused. Philadelphians on Twitter have to deal with two common constructions. Which is worse?
byDanya Henninger2,015 Views