- — Albert Pang (@APPSRUNTHEWORLD)Mon, Sep 09 2013 16:17:37After yrs of helping MS, VMWare become top-tier vendors, Paul Maritz now leads Pivotal aiming to take PaaS to new heights. #CloudBeat
- — Barton George (@barton808)Mon, Sep 09 2013 16:27:48a proprietary player takes the lead in a new technology and shows the way. Then open source takes over eg linux - Paul maritz #cloudbeat
- — Albert Pang (@APPSRUNTHEWORLD)Mon, Sep 09 2013 16:19:19The secret sauce of Pivotal Platform-as-a-Service will be unveiled in 4Q13, aiming to leapfrog 1st movers like AMZN. #CloudBeat
- — Dylan Tweney (@dylan20)Mon, Sep 09 2013 16:20:54"If Ed Snowden has taught us anything, it's that global computing won't happen in one or two U.S. cloud providers." -Maritz #CloudBeat
- — philippe_cases (@philippe_cases)Mon, Sep 09 2013 16:26:56#CloudBeat Paul Maritz start-ups can ask for thousands of CPUs and infinite amount of storage for very cheap with the clouds.
- — philippe_cases (@philippe_cases)Mon, Sep 09 2013 16:30:31With internet of things, number of connections and data will grow by at least one and probably two orders of magnitude. #cloudbeat
Paul Maritz #Cloudbeat
Paul described a world where OpenCloud will eventually catch up with AWS and where a host of new applications are going to be created with the Internet of Things as a drivers creating opportunity and challenges to manage massive amount of data.