Before the keynote...it was intense all around.
ACG Global's Christine Melendes provided some quick takeaways...
- — Christine Melendes (@camelendes)Thu, Sep 13 2012 00:10:43I feel very fortunate to have seen Pres. Bush today! What an amazing opportunity to hear from an historic figure.
- — Christine Melendes (@camelendes)Thu, Sep 13 2012 00:18:52@PE_Feeds He addressed TARP, 9/11, life after the white house, China and the Mideast. Plus thoughtful leadership lessons!
...but Chris Manderson took down THE ENTIRE TRANSCRIPT OF BUSH'S SPEECH. Some details were REALLY revealing.
Here we go:
- (Not sure how I feel about the standing ovation.)
Bush begins on his work with professors:
- — Chris Manderson (@MergerLawBlog)Thu, Sep 13 2012 00:14:12Bush to business school dean: "I used to love to hang out with professors, they were my base of support when I ran for office."
Bush on leadership:
- — Chris Manderson (@MergerLawBlog)Thu, Sep 13 2012 00:16:17Must have principles that are unchangeable; problem in politics is some with sacrifice principles to be loved.
- — Chris Manderson (@MergerLawBlog)Thu, Sep 13 2012 00:17:32Bush: leader cant know everything; must admit what he doesnt know and surround himself with people who know what you dont. #ACGLA
Yes, President Bush almost fired Karl Rove in an instant:
A Powerful Reveal: Former President George W. Bush's Keynote at the ACG LA Business Conference (9-12-12)
Former President George W. Bush did a keynote at the ACG LA Business Conference. Electronics were required to be turned off during the keynote, and the press was shut off from filming, but some intrepid attendees (primarily Chris Manderson aka @mergerlawblog) took down HIS FULL TRANSCRIPT.
byThe PE Reader1 Like595 Views