Below, in a Google Docs, you’ll find some of the submissions received by Alec Couros aka @courosa.
1. Video responses:
@malynmawby, who prefers the term “social networks” rather than PLN, uses networks to learn, grow and socialize.
- 2. Answers on Twitter with links to websites:
@drewwhitworth1 reminded us that networks play an important part in the political field and citizenship. The paper “Social Media Censorship in Times of Political Unrest - A Social Simulation Experiment with the UK Riots” shows possible consequences of attempting to “regulate”, filter or censor social media in situations of (social) unrest.
- The seven degrees of Connectedness are:
1) Lurker; 2) Novice; 3) Insider; 4) Colleague; 5) Collaborator; 6) Friend; 7) Confident.
- Using networks to get to know your tribe.
- 3. Full Answers delivered on Twitter [hashtag - #whynetworksmatter]: