- Sound track included. Press play on the vid to start the cumbia and check out my trip.
- — Hack Your City (@hackyourcity)Fri, Dec 28 2012 01:16:57Bogota also has a sprawling Bus Rapid transit system. The @TransMilenio has triple-articulated busses, dedicated lanes, and is crazy packed.
- La Ciclovia! I wrote about this back when, got to check it off the bucket list.
- — Hack Your City (@hackyourcity)Fri, Dec 28 2012 00:53:59Every Sunday, for fourty years, Bogota shuts down most of major roads for families to bike, skate, dance, and run. Its the @ciclorecreovia
- — Hack Your City (@hackyourcity)Fri, Dec 28 2012 00:57:35Bogota's Ciclovia was hugely influential in the United States in recent years as dozens of cities started their own. http://hackyourcity.com/2010/10/01/san-franciscos-sunday-streets/ …com/2010/10/01/san-franciscos-sunday-streets/
- — Hack Your City (@hackyourcity)Fri, Dec 28 2012 01:19:40The second biggest city, Medellin is warm, gorgeous, and full of beautiful folks. It was super dangerous back when, but fun and safe now.
- — Hack Your City (@hackyourcity)Fri, Dec 28 2012 01:29:57Visited the @Rise_group at EAFIT University. Nice campus. Showed them the new new in map making. They taught me cutting edge spatial maths.
- — Hack Your City (@hackyourcity)Fri, Dec 28 2012 01:33:30Had beers with EAFIT people, went to look at the famous Medellin Christmas lights at the river. http://instagram.com/p/SmrpmWskal/ /p/SmrpmWskal/
Lessons from Colombia
Just travelled around Colombia for a month on my own. Here are some of the highlights.
byAndrew Hyder28 Views