- More than 30 people showed up to Düsseldorf's launch event. And already three projects have been kicked off! There's city stories, an app that offers a virtual city tour featuring personal stories; CycleDorf, a redeployment of CyclePhilly; and RaumAmateur, an app that connects people with specific interests to available rooms.
- Greetings from the newly founded OK Lab!
- Hamburg spent the day with around 30 new and old faces, presenting numerous talks on open data, mapping all kinds of things, and how to cope with a "hackathon hangover".
- Their next projects range from scraping and visualising Hamburg's air quality data to creating a heatmap of casinos to demonstrate the difficulty for people coping with problem gambling.
- Cologne's BarCamp opened up the discussion on a number of projects, including a toilet app that takes a closer look at the city's newly released water waste data.
- Of course, pizza is important too...
- Berlin's new project concerns trees - lots of them. The OK Lab's databank of Berlin's tree cadastre can be used for a variety of things. Fighting the invasion of leaf-mining moths, for example. Wikidata and the BUND (Friends of the Earth Germany) joined them for that.