- White House Social's are in-person meetings of people who engagewith the White House through social media on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest and Instagram.
Some past White House Social events have included a Twitter TownHall with the President, a Tweetup Briefing with Press Secretary Jay Carney, a Let'sMove! Tweetup for the First Lady's garden harvest and a White House Stateof the Union Social.
- French State Arrival Ceremony: On February 11, 2014, the White House invited its social media followers to join the President and First Lady in welcoming French President François Hollande. The day started with the guestsdocumenting the arrival on their social media accounts, followed by a briefing with various administration officials about the arrival ceremony, state visits, and the ways the administration works to engage citizens online.
- State of the Union 2014: On January 28, 2014, the White House invited its social media followers to watch President Obama's fifth State of the Union address. Following the address,attendees had the chance to participate in a panel with senior staff to discussthe vision and the policies laid out in the speech.
- White House Youth Summit Social: On December 4, 2013, young leaders from across the country gathered at the White House for the White House Youth Summit and invited participants included White House Social guests. President Obama dropped by to kick off the event and guests took part in panels discussions, breakout workshops with administration officials and discussed issues important to their generation, including the Affordable Care Act.
- Fall Garden Tour Instameet: On October 27, 2013, selected Instagram users came to the White House for the first WhiteHouse InstaMeet. After a tour of the Jacqueline KennedyGarden, the Rose Garden, the South Lawn, and the Kitchen Garden, theseInstagramers got to spend time with Chief Official White House PhotographerPete Souza.
- Pinterest Holiday Social: OnDecember 17, 2012, some of the White House’s newest Pinterestfollowers were able to come to the White House totake in the holiday decorations and learn how it came together. Attendees metwith Chief Floral Designer Laura Dowling, participated in aDIY craft, and learned how the White House gingerbread house was created.
- Google+ Photowalk: OnApril 21, 2012, photo enthusiasts and White House Google+ followers came from across thecountry to the Spring White HouseGarden Tour. These photographers were able to tour and photograph theSouth Lawn and Kitchen Garden, and got a surprise visit from First Dog Bo.After photographing the grounds, the group had a chance to sit down and chatwith Chief Official White House Photographer Pete Souza.
- Easter Egg Roll: On April 9, 2012, LetsMove! invited itssocial media followers and their children to join the First Family on the SouthLawn for games, stories and the egg roll. More than 30,000 people from across thecountry came down to take part in the festivities. The day also included sports and cookingdemonstrations to incorporate healthy eating and exercise into their dailyroutine.