This was the first time we heard of the term "Twitter Scavenger Hunt". Omar and I were both anxious and excited to learn more about it as we were counting down towards the moment of truth.
- — Omar Salem (@omarssalem_)Tue, Mar 03 2015 22:04:46
- No one knew was was happening!
- Shortly after the assignment was announced, we headed out on our hunt! We skimmed through the instructions as we were walking down the stairs. Our first step was to pay Professor Firas, Associate Professor of Practice, a visit to ask him his thoughts on the role social media is playing in social change. Unfortunately, his office was crowded. So rather than waiting in line, we decided to check the rest of the instructions. We found student Mervat Medhat queuing in front of Professor Firas's office and asked her where she got her news.
- To avoid wasting time, we decided to check back later with Professor Firas. As we walked towards the plaza to continue our mission, we found freshmen Rania Yehia standing by one of the booths. We asked her about the variety of clubs found in the university's plaza.
- Also, the plaza is my favorite spot on campus.
- As we approached the School of Sciences and Engineering, we then found Sherif Yassin who is a player five-a-side soccer team. Who knew about that ?!
- Afterwards, we stubbled upon Mazen Lasheen. He is the soccer team captain at AUC and told us all about his love for his team.
- With Lasheen were two of his friends, Habiba Omar and Jomana Abdelakader, who went to grab quick snacks from their favorite foot outlet on campus, Quick.
- While we were heading back to the plaza, Omar decided to climbed a miniature wall to capture the beautiful scenery behind the Administration building.
- We also ran into Kareem "Kimo" Saleh who showed us his amazing school spirit for AUC and its soccer team!
- While heading back to Professor Firas's office, we walked passed Cinnabon, which is Omar's favorite spot on campus. #selfie!
- Upon our arrival, we had a few instructions left.
A Scavenger Hunt ... on Twitter ?!
In our JRMC2202 class, we were asked to complete the Twitter Scavenger Hunt in 75 minutes.