- Charlottesville would merit an entire new piece but let's just leave this here - never think that white supremacy and misogyny anything but inextricably bound.
- This piece is fantastic. Especially if you don't know what 4chan/gamergate are or were, or who Milo is:
- "Milo had become the bridge between the toxic, anti-progressive subcultures of the internet’s worst elements and the alt-right, ultra conservative politics of Breitbart."
"It was in that spirit that Yiannapoulos reached out to actual neo-nazis and tried to bring them into his alt-right fold by downplaying their sincere hatred as performative muckraking."
"Yiannapoulos ended up hiring many of Gamergate’s worst harassers as interns to write in his name and often bragged about how 8chan did all the research for the hit-pieces he would polish up and publish on Breitbart once they were squeaked past the legal department. "
- "These documents chart the Breitbart alt-right universe. They reveal how the website — and, in particular, Yiannopoulos — links the Mercer family, the billionaires who fund Breitbart, to underpaid trolls who fill it with provocative content, and to extremists striving to create a white ethnostate."
- White guys seem to be some of the best at spreading violence around, yet focus has remained on 'Islamic' sources.