Tonight my DePaul Sports Blogging class had the opportunity to cover the White Sox vs Houston Astros live at U.S. Cellular Field. I can’t pretend I know much about baseball, as soccer is my true love. Here are a few things I did know going into the game:
-Sox are a close favorite tonight
-Sox need to make the best of this home stretch
-Dallas Keuchel won the American League Cy Young Award last year but isn't having a great season.
-Carlos Rodon is a young starter in his second year. He profiles to be a great pitcher but is struggling early on.
- — Jason Benetti (@jasonbenetti)Tue, May 17 2016 16:11:1710 games in 9 days at U.S. Cellular Field starting tonight for @whitesox, who own the only AL division lead (w/ties in the West and East).
- — Daryl Van Schouwen (@CST_soxvan)Tue, May 17 2016 20:27:51White Sox bullpen owns a 7.98 ERA (13 ER,14.2 IP) with 19 hits allowed and four blown saves over their last five games.
- Some soccer for me tonight after all.
- — Daryl Van Schouwen (@CST_soxvan)Wed, May 18 2016 00:13:41Rodon hits the outside corner with slider to strike out Altuve, Springer grounds out and #whitesox, Astros are under way at U.S. Cellular.
- — Carlos A. Rodriguez (@ca_rodriguez)Wed, May 18 2016 00:16:05Carlos Rodon strikes out Altuve and Correa in the 1st, arguably best middle infielders in the majors. He might have a good day today.
- — Carlos A. Rodriguez (@ca_rodriguez)Wed, May 18 2016 00:23:03Dallas Keuchel has been winless in the last month with a 7+ earned run avg, a disastrous run for the defending CYA winner. Good start today
- — Adam Rittenberg (@DPUsportsblog)Wed, May 18 2016 00:29:57White Sox defense had been its hallmark during strong start, but beginning to crack lately. Third error in two games.
Chicago White Sox 5 - 6 Houston Astros
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
bynik hak40 Views