- Over the last few years we have seen the proliferation of social networking services for enterprises. How prepared are you to engage with your organisation to move it towards being a Social Enterprise? This session collaboratively explored the elements of a social enterprise and the role of the enterprise community (knowledge) manager using a conversation cafe format
- Getting started
- The social enterprise & the enteprise community (knowledge) manager - overview
- Activity: Conversation CafeTopics discussed:>>Enabling good practice>>Knowledge stewarding and content curation>>Moving people up the engagement scale
- >>Strategic management activities of the ECKM...
- >>Skills required by an enterprise knowledge community manager (EKCM)....
A ECKM should be / be able to..
Discern the good/bad/ugly
Sort through stuff – identify/extract value from noise
Get involved on many levels; hands on
Read people & situation
Hold and cultivate interpersonal knowledge
Have awareness of technology
Attend to periphery
Connect people to others
A good networker
Nurture; have vision for what can grow
Tap into people’s feelings/disposition
Humble; see people as humans
Analyse and present a business case
Plan actions to create value
Be able to map knowledge/information into a single picture
Use metaphors; tell stories
Get many voices heard
Extract more from people
Find points of resonance / stimulus to get interaction going (randomness)
Have respect / be respected (competence vs authority)
Consistent, without manipulation
Respond openly; interject humour and kindness
Have difficult conversations
- >>Enteprise Community Knowledge Managers - facilitating and weaving to enable....