- 4:44 p.m. ET | Rob Lowe takes on Rick Perry...
- 4:41 p.m. ET | Meanwhile, Ann Romney and Chris Christie debate the nature of love in this mashup of their speeches on BuzzFeed:
- 4:39 p.m. ET | Now live: Hat Cam is doing an interview on the shuttle bus.
- 4:36 p.m. ET | From the Atlantic: Why Romney is Playing the Race Card
- 4:16 p.m. ET | Conventions: just long political ads? One of our viewers sent us this tweet. Weigh in with your thoughts by clicking on the orange comment icon at the top of the live blog, or hovering over any individual post.
- 4:13 p.m. ET | Mitt Romney started his speech at an American Legion convention in Indianapolis with a Hurricane Isaac joke, Politico reports. More here:
- 4:08 p.m. ET | Best coffee at the convention? NewsHour consensus is Google.
4:04 p.m. ET | Here’s Eastwood’s two-minute “Halftime in America” commercial for Chrysler, which first aired during last February’s Super Bowl. The spot drew attention at the time for its stark imagery and message of economic recovery.
"People are out of work and they're hurting," Eastwood said in the commercial. "And they're all wondering what they're gonna do to make a comeback, and we're all scared because this isn't a game."
- 3:59 p.m. ET | Also from the NPR news files, there are whispers that Clint Eastwood will be the mystery speaker:
- 3:51 p.m. ET | Also at the convention yesterday, an RNC production manager proposed to his girlfriend, Laura Bowman.
- NPR has the story:
- And this tweet:
- 3:42 p.m. ET | From the "We Build It" signs, to the "You Lie" pins, here's a photo essay from last night's convention floor.