- — New Columbia Heights (@newcolumbiahts)Thu, Aug 14 2014 23:03:43Fair amount of tv cameras and professional cameras too. Lots of media I guess. At the Joan of Arc statue
- — New Columbia Heights (@newcolumbiahts)Thu, Aug 14 2014 23:14:45Organizers leading chants, reading off stories of people killed. Moment of silence coming at 7:20 with other cities
- — Benjamin Freed (@brfreed)Thu, Aug 14 2014 23:21:24The moment of silence here, unfortunately, was not entirely silent thanks to a few people who used he moment to shout loudly.
- — New Columbia Heights (@newcolumbiahts)Thu, Aug 14 2014 23:47:50Trying to judge the size of the crowd: at least 1,000 I'd say. Various people taking the mic now and talking
- — New Columbia Heights (@newcolumbiahts)Fri, Aug 15 2014 00:16:29Crowd letting up, only a few police officers and they are just hanging out far from the crowd. A very peaceful protest.
Mike Brown Moment of Silence, Meridian Hill Park
A lot of folks came together in Meridian Hill/Malcolm X Park. (Oldest tweets at the top)
byNew Columbia Heights4,170 Views