- If you have anything to share (media, more tweets, etc.), please let me know so I can add them in!
Welcome to Death Salon LA // Summary of Morning Session
We started the day off with coffee, bananas, and muffins (the latter were provided by Ellatini, a cupcake company by Daniella Marcantoni, a licensed embalmer).
The morning session featured a presentation from Annetta Black, Senior Editor of Atlas Obscura and Nancy Caciola, Medieval History professor at UC San Diego. There was a screening of SOUL, a short film by filmmaker Larin Sullivan that premiered on ABC1 Australia. The film delved into the rituals of dressing the dead with artist and fashion designer Pia Interlandi as she created her first custom “Garment For the Grave.”
- — Death Salon (@DeathSalon)Sat, Oct 19 2013 03:50:49
Presentation by Annetta Black: "Died Trying"
- — ms. aida (@neuronbomb)Fri, Oct 18 2013 17:49:40
- — Brandy Schillace (@bschillace)Fri, Oct 18 2013 17:53:59#DeathSalonLA no female explorers in Africa? Nonsense! There is Alexandrine Tinne, who searched for the source of the Nile.
- — ms. aida (@neuronbomb)Fri, Oct 18 2013 17:58:28Tinne's exploration party was devastated by tropical fever, which even ended up killing her mom. Alexine survived though! #DeathSalonLA
- — ms. aida (@neuronbomb)Fri, Oct 18 2013 18:05:15
- — ms. aida (@neuronbomb)Fri, Oct 18 2013 18:08:04Scott's story was transformed & used as propaganda 2 bolster the esteem and pride of the young British men facing the trenches #DeathSalonLA
Death Salon LA: Friday (Order of the Good Death Day)
"Welcome to Death Salon, a gathering of intellectuals, scholars and independent thinkers engaged in the exploration of our shared mortality." This is an archive of tweets and media from the first day's events, including the night's cabaret. For more info, check out deathsalon.org!
byms. aida223 Views