- On the main conference day, all participants attended a number of exciting plenary and parallel sessions:
- During his opening remarks, Albert Bravo-Biosca, Director of the Innovation Growth Lab, launched IGL's Experimentation Toolkit: http://innovationgrowthlab.org/experimentation-toolkit …
- Andrew Palmer, Business Affairs Editor at The Economist, chaired the opening plenary panel which focused on the future of work, and the use of policy experiments in Singapore and Finland in reaction to the challenges in this area.
- — Cristina A Fernandez (@CristinaFern)Tue, Jun 13 2017 09:47:51Finnish model for evidence-based policymaking combines the agile startup culture w/ policy trial tradition.-T.Kulmala, PM's Office #IGL2017
- The first set of parallel sessions included panels on smart regulation, technology diffusion and the power of small experiments.
- — giulio quaggiotto (@gquaggiotto)Tue, Jun 13 2017 10:27:492 instruments from EU K. Sequeira to rethink regulation: "innovation principle" & "innovation deals" b/n regulator & entrepreneurs #igl2017
- — David Gago (@DavidGagoSal)Tue, Jun 13 2017 10:13:53"Evolution of technology diffusion explains 75% of cross-country differences in productivity growth over the last 200 years",DComín #IGL2017
- — Jessica Thornton (@jessmthornton)Tue, Jun 13 2017 10:44:22Small policy experiments -easier for buy-in, and optimize decision points to make policy more effective. But not always enough #IGL2017
- The afternoon was kick-started with conversations around public innovation funding, large ecosystem experiments and intangible assets.
IGL Global Conference 2017
250 policymakers, practitioners and researchers working in innovation, entrepreneurship and growth gathered at CosmoCaixa in Barcelona on 13-14 June 2017 for IGL2017.