- Being in Texas was all well and good for a couple of Revs players who grew up in North Texas.
- — Lee Nguyen (@LeeNguyen24)Sun, Apr 01 2012 16:08:04Ohhh Dallas how I missed u. Just landed in d town. Thanks 4 all the great wishes & congrats. Also got some great ideas for April fools. Thx
- But on Tuesday afternoon, the Revs got word that a twister might be headed their way. Early reports said the storms were causing serious damage in the area.
- The Revs hit the hotel basement for 30 minutes. How did they pass the time? See below.
- — NE Revolution (@NERevolution)Tue, Apr 03 2012 13:32:20Just spent about 30min in the hotel basement while a tornadic cell came through this area of DAL. Hope all is well around us!
- — Blake Brettschneider (@Blakebrett23)Tue, Apr 03 2012 13:23:53
- Putting the team in the basement was just a precautionary measure. But it had to be scary for any non-Texans involved. New England's communications czar Lizz Summers gave the definitive play-by-play account.
- — Lizz Summers (@LizzSum)Tue, Apr 03 2012 11:30:57Good news: we're not in tornado emergency yet. Bad news: probably will be soon. Worse news: few tornadoes are on ground in DFW area already.
- — Lizz Summers (@LizzSum)Tue, Apr 03 2012 12:02:53Tornadoes in TX/Midwest are like snowstorms in NE for meteorologists - they get all excited! Granted, tornadoes are way more dangerous.