- Being in Texas was all well and good for a couple of Revs players who grew up in North Texas.
- — Lee Nguyen (@LeeNguyen24)Sun, Apr 01 2012 23:08:04Ohhh Dallas how I missed u. Just landed in d town. Thanks 4 all the great wishes & congrats. Also got some great ideas for April fools. Thx
- But on Tuesday afternoon, the Revs got word that a twister might be headed their way. Early reports said the storms were causing serious damage in the area.
- The Revs hit the hotel basement for 30 minutes. How did they pass the time? See below.
- — NE Revolution (@NERevolution)Tue, Apr 03 2012 20:32:20Just spent about 30min in the hotel basement while a tornadic cell came through this area of DAL. Hope all is well around us!
- — Blake Brettschneider (@Blakebrett23)Tue, Apr 03 2012 20:23:53
- Putting the team in the basement was just a precautionary measure. But it had to be scary for any non-Texans involved. New England's communications czar Lizz Summers gave the definitive play-by-play account.
- — Lizz Summers (@LizzSum)Tue, Apr 03 2012 18:30:57Good news: we're not in tornado emergency yet. Bad news: probably will be soon. Worse news: few tornadoes are on ground in DFW area already.
- — Lizz Summers (@LizzSum)Tue, Apr 03 2012 19:02:53Tornadoes in TX/Midwest are like snowstorms in NE for meteorologists - they get all excited! Granted, tornadoes are way more dangerous.
New England Revolution Caught in Texas Tornado
You think a Texas twister is going to stop the New England Revolution's win streak? Not a chance. The Revolution had to run for cover when a tornado touched down in North Texas. The team's hotel sits in the path of the cell, and hotel guests were sent to the basement for their own safety.
byNESN Soccer595 Views