Voluntary sector organisations start a campaign titled "Give It Back George -Drop the Charity Tax"
- Voluntary sector umbrella bodies and other voluntary sector organisations launched a campaign against the cap on income tax reliefs that George Osborne announced in the Budget.
- Voluntary sector umbrella bodies are not happy with the proposed cap on tax relief for major donors:
The Tax Cap Debate in the press
- Initial Budget Reactions
- What will it cost the sector?
- A clarification notice was issued by HMRC on 3rd April
- The campaign and the backlash against the proposed tax has been gathering momentum
- Will there be a retreat?