- — MLB Public Relations (@MLB_PR)Mon, Aug 05 2013 19:01:30MLB issued the following discipline today for violations of the Joint Drug Prevention & Treatment Program in (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1rloqsf
- — MLB Public Relations (@MLB_PR)Mon, Aug 05 2013 19:03:38Alex Rodriguez of New York Yankees suspended 211 Regular Season Games through 2014 season. Press release: (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1rloqtu
- — MLB Public Relations (@MLB_PR)Mon, Aug 05 2013 19:05:40Commissioner Selig made the following statement today regarding the Biogenesis investigation: Baseball (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1rloqvg
- Rodriguez is appealing the suspension, a position supported by the MLB Players Association
- — Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1)Mon, Aug 05 2013 19:37:20
- — Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1)Mon, Aug 05 2013 19:37:33in no way instituted and/or assisted MLB in the direction of this investigation; or used the investigation (cont)
- — Jayson Stark (@jaysonst)Mon, Aug 05 2013 19:30:50The reason ARod got 211 games & not 212 or 214? Officially notified of suspension today & now gets 72 hours to file appeal. So starts Thurs.
- — Keith Olbermann (@KeithOlbermann)Mon, Aug 05 2013 19:45:31
- — Jack Curry (@JackCurryYES)Mon, Aug 05 2013 21:04:08ARod is batting cleanup and playing third base for the Yankees tonight. His at bats will be among most watched at bats of 2013 season.
- Reaction continued to come in from players, writers and more.
- — Brad Ziegler (@BradZiegler)Mon, Aug 05 2013 19:53:54We, as players, are tired of talking about PEDs. I personally have little sympathy for those that act selfishly and scar the game we love.
- — Brad Ziegler (@BradZiegler)Mon, Aug 05 2013 19:53:43Message to other players considering PEDs to get an edge: You WILL be caught. Your reputation WILL be ruined. Don't do it!
- — Brad Ziegler (@BradZiegler)Mon, Aug 05 2013 19:53:25If guilty players truly cared about the fans' & their teammates' feelings, they would have NEVER done it. Just say "I'm sorry I got caught."
- — Los Angeles Times (@latimes)Mon, Aug 05 2013 20:43:47
- — Bert Blyleven (@BertBlyleven28)Mon, Aug 05 2013 19:14:18I applaud Bud Selig, MLB owners and the MLBPA for their support for the suspensions to those players involved in the PED investigation
- — Bert Blyleven (@BertBlyleven28)Mon, Aug 05 2013 17:41:44Anybody else sick and tired of guys like Jim Heyman, ESPN, applauding the PED cheaters for taking the suspensions? Harold Reynolds gets it!
- — Mike Barnicle (@mikebarnicle)Mon, Aug 05 2013 20:57:51I am begging - BEGGING - Alex Rodriguez to go on the DL before Yankees arrive in Boston for August 6 game. Bad for baseball. Ugly scene.
- — Jayson Stark (@jaysonst)Mon, Aug 05 2013 19:08:40MLB says ARod suspension is for "use & possession of numerous" PEDs "over course of multiple years" & obstructing & covering up violations
Reaction from around baseball to A-Rod saga
Major League Baseball is suspended Alex Rodriguez for the rest of the 2013 season and all of 2014 for his ties to an anti-aging clinic and performance-enhancing drugs. But reports suggest A-Rod will be allowed to play while he appeals. A sampling of reaction from around the game
byNBC News3 Likes18,052 Views