- — A Furumoto-Dawson (@AFuDa)Thu, Dec 05 2013 22:04:27
- — Workingclassteacher (@Worknclasteachr)Thu, Dec 05 2013 19:40:41Mom shopping at cheapy grocery outlet-type stores and buying tubes of greasy ground beef to stretch the week #PovertyIs
- — rebecca vallas (@rebeccavallas)Fri, Dec 06 2013 01:27:53#PovertyIs being blamed for not having savings when SSI rules prohibit you from having more than $2,000 to your name
- — rebecca vallas (@rebeccavallas)Fri, Dec 06 2013 01:01:15#PovertyIs being the subject of vitriol every day, all day by people who don't realize their privilege is largely due to accident of birth
- — urbandata (@urbandata)Fri, Dec 06 2013 01:33:00#PovertyIs living in neighborhoods that reduce your life expectancy by 25 years, compared to neighbors who were largely privileged at birth.
- — urbandata (@urbandata)Fri, Dec 06 2013 01:59:58#PovertyIs your state reserving a prison bed for you when you turn 18, based on your 3rd grade test scores &the poverty rate of your school.
- — Breannah Alexander (@alexandbre)Tue, Nov 26 2013 22:16:10
- — Charolette Hunt (@CharoletteHunt)Tue, Nov 26 2013 21:51:58#PovertyIs knowing that the next illness, car issue or late child support payment will cause everything else to bounce.
#PovertyIs: What Does Poverty Mean to You?
In partnership with students from the City University of New York (CUNY) Graduate School of Journalism, NBC News is asking you to tell us what poverty means to you. Join the conversation using the #PovertyIs hashtag on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. Check back as we update this post.
byNBC News10 Likes12,686 Views