- — Jim Himes (@jahimes)Sat, Aug 31 2013 18:07:00Very pleased that President has agreed to seek Congressional approval for any strike on Syria. Great precedent and strengthens constitution.
- — Senator Bob Corker (@SenBobCorker)Sat, Aug 31 2013 18:08:15
- — Steve Cohen (@RepCohen)Sat, Aug 31 2013 18:12:19
- — Sen. McConnell Press (@McConnellPress)Sat, Aug 31 2013 18:12:31Sen. McConnell: "President’s role as commander-in-chief is always strengthened when he enjoys the expressed support of the Congress” #Syria
- — Rep. John Yarmuth (@RepJohnYarmuth)Sat, Aug 31 2013 18:12:43The President made the right decision to come to Congress on the use of force in #Syria. I look fwd to this critical debate.
- — Rep. Ted Deutch (@RepTedDeutch)Sat, Aug 31 2013 18:13:02I stand behind @BarackObama's call for Congressional authorization and targeted and limited military response to Assad's atrocities.
- — Senator Ted Cruz (@SenTedCruz)Sat, Aug 31 2013 18:16:15There is a grassroots uprising sweeping this nation. Americans are rising up and saying, "We want our freedom back!" #Dream13
- — Thomas Massie (@RepThomasMassie)Sat, Aug 31 2013 18:17:29
- — Gregg Harper (@GreggHarper)Sat, Aug 31 2013 18:27:10I respect the president's decision to seek congressional approval for any military force in Syria. I stand ready to evaluate his plans.
- — Justin Amash (@repjustinamash)Sat, Aug 31 2013 18:41:54Pres Obama hasn't come close to justifying war in #Syria. I look forward to this debate. Pres must comply w/ vote of Congress; not optional.
- — Alan Nunnelee (@RepAlanNunnelee)Sat, Aug 31 2013 18:45:12I am glad that POTUS has heeded our call to seek Congressional approval before any military action in Syria.
- — Alan Nunnelee (@RepAlanNunnelee)Sat, Aug 31 2013 18:45:42This is an important step in our Constitutional form of government. The Congress will do our job in evaluating this important decision.
- — Yvette D. Clarke (@YvetteClarke)Sat, Aug 31 2013 18:47:27I applaud President Obama's decision to request authorization from Congress prior to the use of force in Syria.
- — Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff)Sat, Aug 31 2013 18:52:04I've been urging Speaker to call us back into session -- it is essential that we be called back into session immediately. #Syria
- — Chris Murphy (@ChrisMurphyCT)Sat, Aug 31 2013 18:59:07Proud of the President. Congressional authorization for action in Syria won't be easy, but it's the right thing to do.
- — John Barrow (@repjohnbarrow)Sat, Aug 31 2013 19:21:29
- — Senator Tim Kaine (@timkaine)Sat, Aug 31 2013 19:22:13Read my statement on the President's decision to seek congressional approval of military action in Syria (good link): http://www.kaine.senate.gov/statementonsyria …mentonsyr…
Politicians React to President Obama's Statement on Syria
In an unexpected announcement, Obama said he will go to Congress for approval. Minutes after he finished speaking, Syria military began shelling rebel suburbs again. Reaction immediately began coming in from Congress and Senate members on Twitter, along with global leaders.
byNBC News5 Likes83,340 Views