- — NBC Nightly News (@nbcnightlynews)Wed, Jun 26 2013 14:27:21
Jubilation as DOMA and Prop 8 struck down
- — Nancy Pelosi (@NancyPelosi)Wed, Jun 26 2013 14:13:13Today, the Supreme Court bent the arc of history once again toward justice, discarding the defenseless #DOMA into the dustbin of history.
- — Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow)Wed, Jun 26 2013 15:49:44It's a supremely wonderful day for equality. Prop 8 is over, and so is DOMA. Congratulations everyone. And I mean everyone.
- A star-studded proposal followed on the heels of the high court's DOMA ruling, when "Veronica Mars" star Kristen Bell proposed to longtime beau Dax Shepherd over Twitter. (He said, "F-- Yes!"). The couple had said they would only wed when same-sex couples could do the same.
- More celebration of the rulings:
- — Chuck Schumer (@ChuckSchumer)Wed, Jun 26 2013 14:44:50Same sex marriage is supported by a majority of Americans, to delay its advent is unfair to LGBT couples & an affront to the American ideal.
- — Mike Bloomberg (@MikeBloomberg)Wed, Jun 26 2013 14:33:15Our history is defined by expanding the definition of equality to all people. SCOTUS decision brings us one step closer to full equality.
- — Sen Dianne Feinstein (@SenFeinstein)Wed, Jun 26 2013 14:52:30
Historic Day: SCOTUS strikes down DOMA & Prop 8
A collection of reaction from from the Supreme Court's rulings on the federal Defense of Marriage Act and California's Proposition 8, effectively invalidating those laws' prohibitions on gay marriage.
byNBC News4 Likes86,164 Views