- — Wendy Spencer (@WendyCNCS)Mon, Mar 09 2015 13:12:09
- Happy AmeriCorps Week! Is anyone excited?
- John Bridgeland, co-chairman of the Franklin Project & CEO of Civic Enterprises, told me: "We know that service can solve public problems at low cost. We know that service fosters habits of citizenship that persist. What leading neuroscientists are now telling us is that service and social cooperation are biologically embedded through genetics or socialization -- and that when we serve, we are healthier and happier."
- — Points of Light (@PointsofLight)Fri, Mar 13 2015 18:27:07
- "This is what authentic community means. It's about the mutual care and responsibility we take for the well-being of our neighbors grounded in the understanding of our intertwined and shared destiny. If my brother or sister is not well, I am not well. When accountability is at the heart of community, outcomes count -- it actually matters if things get better or worse." - Sondra Samuels, AmeriCorps Alums National Leadership Award winner on the Huffington Post blog
- AmeriCorps Director Bill Basl wrote about the national service program on our blog.
- Thanks to AmeriCorps members and alumni, the challenges our neighbors and communities face are being met by an enthusiastic and energetic force determined to make a difference by “getting things done” at thousands of sites across the United States. Along the way, they help protect our environment, provide disaster services and relief, improve educational outcomes for opportunity youth, create avenues that improve economic opportunity, and support our veterans and their families.
- — Brian Higgins (@RepBrianHiggins)Wed, Mar 11 2015 18:44:53It's @americorps Week, honoring the work of Americorps members & alums to improve our communities. #AmeriCorpsWorks http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-week …
- During our CEO's trip to Helena, Montana's governor made it the first Western state to become an Employer of National Service.
- Montana First Lady Lisa Bullock was a great host and partner in service during the visit.
AmeriCorps Week 2015
During AmeriCorps Week, we asked our members, alumni, and programs to showcase the ways #AmeriCorpsWorks for our nation in education, economic opportunity, healthy futures, and for veterans and military families. And they did!