- As history has shown us, local leaders continue to value national service as a cost-effective solution to improve lives and strengthen communities. They recognize the lasting impact national service members have in their cities, counties and tribal communities.
- On Tuesday, April 5, mayors, county officials, and tribal leaders across the nation recognized the 75,000 currently serving AmeriCorps members and 270,000 Senior Corps volunteers.
- Tribal leaders joined the day to salute national service in tribal areas, making 2016 Mayor, County, and Tribal Leaders Recognition Day for National Service! #Tribe4Service
- It was a record-breaking day with more than 3,500 mayors, county and tribal leaders participating in a nationwide salute to national service.
- Like AmeriCorps and Senior Corps, these mayors and county officials get things done and believe in the mission of national service.
- Leaders across the country hosted recognition events, issued proclamations, and participated in service projects to say thank you to these incredible men and women who serve in national service programs in all 50 states and territories. So if you missed the day or want to relive the highlights, we can give you a play-by-play starting in ...