- During the Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service, citizens in all 50 states delivered meals, refurbished schools and community centers, and collected food and clothing. Volunteers also recruited mentors, supported job-seekers, built homes, and provided other services for veterans and military families, and helped citizens improve their financial literacy skills.
- If the Martin Luther King Day of Service has a theme song, this line is in the first verse.
- On MLK Day, we put Dr. King's question before the nation: "What are you doing for others?"
- Dr. King's sermons, speeches, and other writings contain wisdom that has been incorporated into our nation's history.
- The Corporation for National and Community Service created a video that tells the story of Dr. King's legacy of service through people who either knew him or were influenced by his life. Watch it below.
- We saw an overwhelming response from federal agencies and leaders as they made the MLK Day holiday "a day on, not a day off."
- The White House
- — The White House (@WhiteHouse)Mon, Jan 19 2015 18:27:15
- Vice President Joe Biden
- — Vice President Biden (@VP)Mon, Jan 19 2015 20:44:49"Let’s not forget who we are. Let’s not forget what we’ve done. Let’s not forget...there’s much more to do." -VP Biden #MartinLutherKingDay
2015 Martin Luther King Day of Service
Remembering and celebrating the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King on the 2015 MLK Day of Service. Hundreds of thousands of Americans joined in across the nation to participate in service during the national holiday.