- We had an amazing, and amazingly quick, chat on giving feedback to students. There were some usual members, but we also had a few new participants. This has to be one of my favourite chats so far. It seemed like everyone has something valuable to share and all who attended walked away with something from the discussion.
- We've broken the discussion down by questions and topics, which you will find listed below.
- — Svetlana Lupasco (@StanzaSL)Wed, Dec 02 2015 01:29:43Feedback is central to the development of effective learning. -David Carless, 2006. Let’s chat about feedback tonight #LINCchat
Question 1: When and how do you give feedback?
- — LISTN (@LISTNCanada)Wed, Dec 02 2015 02:09:48I was just thinking about that today. You model that very well, Shawna. #LINCchat https://twitter.com/ShawnaWiKo/status/671873396653690880 …
- — Bonnie Jean Nicholas (@EALStories)Wed, Dec 02 2015 02:09:52
- — Bonnie Jean Nicholas (@EALStories)Wed, Dec 02 2015 02:14:02
- — Bonnie Jean Nicholas (@EALStories)Wed, Dec 02 2015 02:08:41A1 #LINCchat: I try to give feedback all the time: informally and formally; feedback for scheduled PBLA tasks. I try to give good feedback.
- — Jennifer Chow (@jennifermchow)Wed, Dec 02 2015 05:49:37A good way to check understanding is to have Ss share their feedback or what action they'll take w partner #LINCchat https://twitter.com/StanzaSL/status/671874892393000960 …
- — LISTN (@LISTNCanada)Wed, Dec 02 2015 02:14:06Was just talking w/someone in an online course yesterday. Best results when feedback was almost immed #LINCchat https://twitter.com/ShawnaWiKo/status/671874380670984192 …
- — Shawna Williams (@ShawnaWiKo)Wed, Dec 02 2015 02:09:45A1 - I know that I have a habit of giving sandwich feedback (most of us do!) and have been trying to shake that habit. #LINCchat
- — Bonnie Jean Nicholas (@EALStories)Wed, Dec 02 2015 02:12:51AI #LINCchat Feedback needs to be focused and specific. This is challenging because students want to know all their mistakes all the time.
- — Svetlana Lupasco (@StanzaSL)Wed, Dec 02 2015 02:13:51
#LINCchat - December 1
byNathan Hall292 Views