- During the week of November 13–17, 2017, schools across the country celebrated National School Psychology Awareness Week (SPAW) to highlight the important work school psychologists and other educators do to help all students thrive. The theme “Power Up! Be a Positive Charge,” empowered school psychologists to facilitate interactive activities, host informational booths, and use social media to raise awareness about the profession.
Preparing for SPAW
- The annual NASP School Psychology Awareness Week poster can be used in many different ways to inspire all school personnel to help students thrive! The poster is also available in Spanish.
- New this year, the State Association SPAW Resource Guide provided state associations a framework along with step-by-step directions for requesting a gubernatorial proclamation, engaging a variety of stakeholder groups, promoting awareness of SPAW in your state, and collaborating with colleagues from across the country. Learn more 📄
- — Nicholas Cheatham (@_NCheatham)Fri, Nov 03 2017 02:44:55Meet Melinda!! FSUSD’s School Psych of the Year 2016-2017!! Totally worth Following!! She’s getting amped up for #FSUSDSPAW #SPAWPowerUp https://twitter.com/msmackenzie81/status/926275702776774657 …
- — Bethany Passick (@SweetSunshineBP)Sat, Nov 04 2017 01:46:03
- — NASP (@nasponline)Mon, Nov 06 2017 15:34:16A great activity for #SPAWPowerUp: Printing the light bulb template & discussing ways how we can all Power Up! http://www.nasponline.org/research-and-policy/advocacy-tools-and-resources/school-psychology-awareness-week-2017/power-up-be-a-positive-charge-poster-activities … https://twitter.com/Blondie_BubbleT/status/926122181410676736 …
- — Jen Matthews (@jmpsych)Mon, Nov 06 2017 20:13:46School Psychology Awareness Week is one week away! Check out @nasponline for some great activities #SPAWPowerUp https://www.nasponline.org/research-and-policy/advocacy-tools-and-resources/school-psychology-awareness-week-2017 …
- — NASP (@nasponline)Tue, Nov 07 2017 01:09:56
- — RMS Psych (@SchoolPsychedUp)Tue, Nov 07 2017 13:15:30
2017 National School Psychology Awareness Week