Day Fifteen of The Government Shutdown
- — Rick Rutledge (@Rutledge_Rick)Tue, Oct 15 2013 18:57:54#DontShutMeDown Many honorably discharged vets are trying to move forward in school and can't get the school $ they were promised.
- — Kristen Wright (@auyellowrose)Tue, Oct 15 2013 20:00:24I stress and worry about providing for my kids - food, Childcare, and shelter thanks Ted for that! #DontShutMeDown
- — Michael D. Beck (@BULLET_M4GNET)Tue, Oct 15 2013 19:53:39
- — Sophia (@twenty5seasons)Tue, Oct 15 2013 20:23:02Before, I was a little concerned, but now I am just worried. Will we get my husband's Social Security check in Nov? #DontShutMeDown
- — AverageChirps (@AverageChirps)Tue, Oct 15 2013 13:45:38#dontshutmedown Several family mbrs wondering if gov't retiremt $ (after decades of work) will come in; one had repair business drop 50%...
Day Fourteen of The Government Shutdown
- — Morgan Rubin (@MorganRubin92)Tue, Oct 15 2013 00:16:57As a college student paying for school on my own, I can't afford to have my financial aid delayed. #DontShutMeDown
- — Jamie R. Johnson (@JamRicJoh)Mon, Oct 14 2013 23:39:04We are now within two weeks of tapping out all of our savings. I'm not certain at this point how I'm going to pay my bills. #DontShutMeDown
- — A person. (@thebefuddledone)Mon, Oct 14 2013 17:55:42I am a small business with some customers not able to place orders due to lost income from shutdown. Fed employees hurting #DontShutMeDown
- — Professor Campbell (@RightYourWay)Mon, Oct 14 2013 16:34:07#DontShutMeDown I can't work because the employer I'd be working for receives federal dollars, and right now THE ENTIRE school is on hold.
- — AverageChirps (@AverageChirps)Mon, Oct 14 2013 22:51:54#dontshutmedown Know people who paid into everything for decades, might lose retirement/disability $ due to GOP debt ceiling viciousness.
Day Thirteen of The Government Shutdown
- — Anna Maria B (@AnnaMariaBurd)Sun, Oct 13 2013 19:18:31
- — Mazzie (official) (@mazzie)Mon, Oct 14 2013 02:50:22I watched my mom die from cancer and I had four surgeries in two months and I have never been unable work for two weeks. #DontShutMeDown
Day Twelve of The Government Shutdown
- — Jessica Pilgrim (@JessiPilgrim)Sat, Oct 12 2013 02:18:54#DontShutMeDown this government shutdown needs to end. My dad will be filing for bankruptcy next week if he can't go back to work
#DontShutMeDown: How Americans are being affected by the government shutdown
The federal government is officially shutdown, and Americans are starting to feel the pain. With many offices, national parks and websites closed, we asked how you are being affected by the first shutdown in 17 years. Send us your story by taking a video or sending a tweet with #DontShutMeDown.