- — Moose Allain (@MooseAllain)Thu, May 24 2012 20:09:43Ok, twitter, this might go nowhere, but I'm intrigued by local names for alleyways, eg I've heard 'jitty' in Derby and '10-foot' from Hull.
- — Moose Allain (@MooseAllain)Thu, May 24 2012 20:10:47I'd love to hear your #alleynames - if I get a decent response I might even make a map, so let me know what town/area it's from.
- — Minnie Driver (@driverminnie)Thu, May 24 2012 21:46:38
- — Laurie Fleming (@LaurieFleming)Thu, May 24 2012 20:45:27@MooseAllain New Zealand does a Bristol - alleys or alleyways. But in Australia-land, esp. Melbourne, they're laneways.
- — SirNeverFadingBanana (@neverfadingwood)Thu, May 24 2012 20:20:36
I've arranged these roughly geographically. I'm happy to receive new entries. Please use the hashtag #alleynames
byMoose Allain2,136 Views