- Over 840 people took our e-action to invite their MP to attend the parliamentary reception in the run up to the event, and many of our Campaigns Contacts had meetings with their MPs to tell them about #MNDCosts and the reception.
- — Sarah Mellodew (@Saylouise)Sat, Oct 07 2017 08:14:14
- — Sheila's MND Fight (@running4sheila)Fri, Oct 13 2017 11:27:53
- Our volunteers from across England, Wales and Northern Ireland started arriving at the QEII centre in Westminster on the day of the event, ready to talk to MPs about the additional financial cost of living with MND and to share their personal experiences.
- — Rachael Anne (@rachaelannems)Tue, Oct 17 2017 09:29:56
- Sally Light, Chief Executive of the MND Association, spoke to volunteers before MPs started arriving.
- MPs started arriving at the reception shortly afterwards, and spoke to volunteers from their area. Volunteers and MPs were grouped into regional tables so volunteers were able to share their local issues and experiences.
- — Tony Twine (@tony_twine)Tue, Oct 17 2017 17:11:20Good to meet @AlexChalkChelt today at #MNDreception with @HeatherTwine. Thanks for listening and will be in touch as discussed https://twitter.com/PainInTheALS/status/920225451657908224 …
- — H (@hjls73)Tue, Oct 17 2017 13:55:08.@JustinTomlinson Thank you for being so receptive to our conversations, and thank you for attending #MNDreception today @mndcampaigns https://twitter.com/justintomlinson/status/920276377714221056 …
- Then it was time for the speeches. We first heard from Chris Evans MP, officer of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on MND, who launched a report on access to Personal Independence Payment for people with MND.
- — MND Scotland (@MNDScotland)Tue, Oct 17 2017 13:41:21We welcome the #MND All-Party Parliamentary Group report on access to Personal Independence Payments (PIP) and support its recommendations. https://twitter.com/mndcampaigns/status/920216568931303426 …
MND parliamentary reception 2017
Our annual parliamentary reception took place on 17th October 2017, held in partnership by the MND Association and the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on MND. The APPG on MND launched a report on access to PIP, and volunteers spoke to MPs about the additional financial cost of MND.
byMND Campaigns189 Views