- In an unexpected turn of events Wednesday, President Barack Obama on Wednesday became the first sitting president to announce his support for same-sex marriage.
- In a sit-down interview with ABC's Robin Roberts, Obama said, "I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don't Ask Don't Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married."
- The interview, which will air in full on Thursday's 'Good Morning America' was announced to much Twitter buzz midday Wednesday.
- ABC News broke into its daytime programming to share the newsmaking quote.
- Reaction to this news took over social media.
As seen ondailybreeze.com
President Obama Expresses Support For Same-Sex Marriage
byMandy Jenkins3 Likes3,273 Views