- Wow, do people have animosity toward the early adopter set sporting Google Glass. From the coffee shops of Silicon Valley to the cocktail parties of NYC, one word sums up the opinions of the haters: Douchebag, or, in new parlance, Glasshole.
- Even before it came out for the Explorer program, the Glass was deemed The Douchebag Accessory of Choice.
- And now that it is here, spotting and reporting such rampant douchebaggery is a Twitter pastime.
- — Oli Young (@oliyoung)Wed, Mar 27 2013 23:38:33Photo: Confirmed. Google Glass makes you look like a douchebag. Google Glass spotted at Think Coffee in West... http://tmblr.co/Z2twbyhHDU00 hHDU00
- Even in other languages!
So much hate.....
- — Senile Don Draper (@SenileDonDraper)Wed, May 29 2013 16:25:51Google Glass. Because people who use Bluetooth in line at Starbucks need to call somebody a douchebag, too.
- — J. Gobert (@MrGobert)Mon, May 06 2013 19:27:35Ppl wearing Google Glass now evokes the same feeling Gordon Gekko did in Wall St. w/brick cell phone. (Douche bag) http://everydaydigitals.com/heres-what-i-think/5/nbmyswegj8524h8ij98hsxzd0ocnti …s.com/heres-what-i-think/5/nbmyswegj8524h8ij98hsxzd0ocnti
- — Bilal Zuberi (@bznotes)Thu, Jul 18 2013 03:58:17OH: "It ain't a Silicon Valley party until you have seen some douche-bag wearing Google Glass" >> I want one but not to wear at a party.
- — Vijith Assar (@vijithassar)Fri, Jul 19 2013 14:00:41If you really like Google Glass but don't want everyone to think you're an asshole, just affix a fake nose and mustache. Problem solved!
Google Glass and the 'Douchebag Factor'
If you are a Google Glass owner, you are probably immune to this, but if not, well, you might not want to read any further.
byMandy Jenkins1 Like3,215 Views