- It all started innocently enough; Alisdair talking to somebody about his views on the Labour party
- — A C McGregor (@A_C_McGregor)Wed, Nov 27 2013 20:50:30.@abjtal If people saw,what the Labour Party are really like they would never vote for them again. It's why Labour loathe scrutiny.
- (which is a view I entirely agree with, despite - or perhaps because of - my avowedly lefty leanings)
- Clearly this got Josh's back up and he made a veiled accusation of Toryism
- ... which prompted a robust response
- — Joshua Fenton-Glynn (@JoshFG)Wed, Nov 27 2013 21:04:46@A_C_McGregor you seem only interested in negativity and defining yourself by what and who you're against rather than being for anything.
- — A C McGregor (@A_C_McGregor)Wed, Nov 27 2013 21:08:24.@JoshFG You've obviously never faced me in a debate; I am for proud, forthright Liberalism; the freedom of the individual
- — A C McGregor (@A_C_McGregor)Wed, Nov 27 2013 21:10:04.@JoshFG Be that freedom from the dead hand of Labour bureaucracy and statist control freakery, or from patriarchal Tory stifling
- — A C McGregor (@A_C_McGregor)Wed, Nov 27 2013 21:11:28.@JoshFG Either way, Liberalism is the belief in the freedom to lives ones own life, as one chooses, with neither state nor social...
- (with maybe a bit of cheerleading from the local party chair elect)
- Josh decided that the best line of attack to all this was to have a go at a typo...
- — Joshua Fenton-Glynn (@JoshFG)Wed, Nov 27 2013 21:11:48@A_C_McGregor Don't think I've faxed you no ;-) but I look forward to you defending failure to act on the cost if living crisis in hustings
- But then, as is the way of these things, made one of his own
- — A C McGregor (@A_C_McGregor)Wed, Nov 27 2013 21:17:21
- At this point more people started joining in
First Encounter Between Calder Valley Candidates Goes Better For One Than the Other
Lib Dem Candidate @A_C_McGregor and Labour candidate @JoshFG had a brief discussion on twitter this evening. I'll leave you to decide which one came off best (because I might be slightly biased).
byJennie Rigg1,383 Views