- — Jeet Heer (@HeerJeet)Mon, Nov 10 2014 23:39:432. Steve Ditko is the co-creator of Spider-Man and Dr. Strange. He can sue for a share of those characters but likely won't. Here's why.
- — Jeet Heer (@HeerJeet)Mon, Nov 10 2014 23:42:395. Ditko & Kirby designed the characters and drew the stories first after minimal consultation with Lee. Then Lee added dialogue & captions
- — Jeet Heer (@HeerJeet)Mon, Nov 10 2014 23:43:216. So, in a very real sense Kirby and Ditko were co-creators and co-writers of every story they worked on. They plotted & created characters
- — Jeet Heer (@HeerJeet)Mon, Nov 10 2014 23:51:4813. When he quit Marvel, Ditko sent a letter to Kirby saying he should do the same. Kirby was tempted but had wife, 4 kids. Ditko single.
- — Jeet Heer (@HeerJeet)Mon, Nov 10 2014 23:59:0321. Coupled with focus on Randian tracts, Ditko now takes Randian attitude to how he was treated by Marvel: I signed contract, it was a deal
How becoming a follower of Ayn Rand will likely cost Steve Ditko around $50-100 million
byJonathan Korman3 Likes2,472 Views