- Sunday's "One Last Roll."
- Then, Tuesday, with the trees schedule for removal, the cameras, and the tears, roll.
- Even Alabama fans expresses their remorse.
- And, the plan for the future:
- — CBSSports.com (@CBSSports)Tue, Apr 23 2013 15:19:30PHOTO: Toomer's Oaks are being removed, but here's what Toomer's Corner will look like in 2014. http://cbsprt.co/ToomersOaks
- — College GameDay (@CollegeGameDay)Mon, Apr 22 2013 15:00:58
Toomer's Corner trees celebrated to end
The oaks at Toomer's Corner in Auburn, Ala., have traditionally been rolled with toilet paper after big wins, but in 2010, an Alabama fan intentionally poisoned them. Despite all efforts, the trees did not survive, and Tuesday they were scheduled to be removed. But not before one more rolling.
byMike Persinger3,402 Views