- — Dan Keane (@Dfknascar24)Thu, Mar 14 2013 20:11:38Here is the ending of the Richmond-Charlotte game. http://video.nbcsports.msnbc.com/nbc-sports/51182621 ….msnbcNBCSportssports/51182621 via @nbcsports
- Opinions were largely against the referees -- and by extension Charlotte -- from both national media members and fans:
- — Nick Handley (@HandleyNick)Thu, Mar 14 2013 20:08:38Flying solo on the show today and you can bet we will be talking about an awful finish in the Richmond vs Charlotte game. @HailVarsity Radio
- — Jason McIntyre (@TheBigLead)Thu, Mar 14 2013 18:58:20
- — Alan Stein (@AlanStein)Thu, Mar 14 2013 20:05:16The referees from the Richmond/Charlotte game needed to be reprimanded. Everyone makes mistakes, but SEVERAL mistakes in < 5 seconds? SMH
- — Alan Stein (@AlanStein)Thu, Mar 14 2013 20:03:15I've never believed that referees determine the outcome of a game. That changed after seeing the end of the Richmond/Charlotte game. #AWFUL
- — Harrison West (@Magrudinator)Thu, Mar 14 2013 20:00:36The Charlotte Richmond game should be a reminder that you have to let the players play, not let refs decide it in the last five seconds.
- — Tyler Moody (@moodymac14)Thu, Mar 14 2013 20:00:21Wow. The finish to that Charlotte-Richmond game was so bizarre. Refs can't do that to these kids. Took the game away from Richmond.
- — Matt Shoultz (@mjshoultz)Thu, Mar 14 2013 20:00:10If I was in charge of refs the Richmond/Charlotte guys would lose their jobs.....right now. That is just brutal. TERRIBLE!
Crazy finish to Charlotte-Richmond game
The Charlotte 49ers trailed by three with 4.6 seconds remaining in their opening-round Atlantic 10 tournament game against Richmond Thursday, with Pierria Henry at the foul line to shoot one-and-one. What happened next almost defies description. But Twitter did its best. Enjoy.
byMike Persinger2,218 Views