- Botha School is very pleased to be able to offer programming that is both fun and important to our youngest students.
- Our Kindergarten program, taught by Ms. Melissa Burton, is offered each Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Our Kindergarten students participated in many great opportunities over the course of the year, from caring for the class pet (Harlow the Hedgehog), hatching chicks/ducklings, regular baking activities, participating in our school wide school ski trip and learning how to swim with Red Cross Swim lessons.
- In Kindergarten, we are always mindful of the age of our students, but at the same time mindful of helping them with skills that will help them be successful throughout their education. We are very proud that our Kindergarten kids are readers!
- Botha's KIndergarten classes have found great success in using Jolly Phonics to support literacy and many of our students are already reading at 1st Grade levels.
- Our Playschool (Start Right) program is offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 until 3:00 PM. During this time, students are engaged in learning through structured play, but also engaging in learning early literacy skills by using Jolly Phonics to learn letter sounds.
- Our Playschool and Kindergarten share a common space, which is filled with resources that to support young learners.
If you would like any further information about our Playschool and Kindergarten programming, please call us 403-742-5187