- Racers, spectators, race organizers and the media started off the day bright and early.
- — MetroWest Daily News (@metrowestdaily)Mon, Apr 21 2014 10:28:59
- At the finish line, there was celebration, emotion and triumph.
- — Brad Petrishen (@BPetrishen_MWDN)Mon, Apr 21 2014 17:40:56Meb: I almost threw up at Mile 22. “I held back collected myself...Sometimes you just have to run and dig deep" -#WLMarathon
- Rita Jeptoo of Kenya won the women's elite division and Meb Keflezighi, of Texas, won the men's elite division. Meb is the first American runner to win since 1983, and Jeptoo set a new record.
- — Brad Petrishen (@BPetrishen_MWDN)Mon, Apr 21 2014 17:51:56Meb - “I have an 8-year-old daughter. That could be her" - RE Martin Richard, who he called "beyond his age." Poignant moment. #WLMarathon
- — Boston Marathon (@bostonmarathon)Mon, Apr 21 2014 15:52:43Rita Jeptoo (KEN) sets a course record (~2:18:57) to win the women's field of the 118th Boston Marathon - her... http://fb.me/6PM8hi7Ul
- — Boston Police Dept. (@bostonpolice)Mon, Apr 21 2014 15:55:56Rita Jeptoo wins the women's division of the 118th #BostonMarathon in a time of 2:18:57. Congratulations Rita!!!
- As more runners crossed the finish line, Boston's crowds grew. In Hopkinton, Ashland, Natick and Framingham, as the crowd thinned out, it got quieter.
The 2014 Boston Marathon
The 118th Boston Marathon kicked off on a clear, sunny day on April 21, 2014.
byMetroWest Daily News10 Likes724 Views