- By the way, Derek just released the enhanced version of Spelunky for both Xbox Live and PC, and it's amazing: spelunkyworld.com/ Thankfully, most of his Twitter feed is taken up with excitement, teeth-gnashing, and congratulations for Spelunky's strong design and sales. Some of it, however, went a little off-topic:
- Part I: Derek watches Feminist Frequency's latest video and notes two mentions of his games.
- — Derek Yu (@mossmouth)Thu, Aug 01 2013 22:32:56The latest Tropes vs. Women video features both Aquaria (as a positive example) and Spelunky (as a negative one)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjImnqH_KwM …Imnq…
- Part II: A pleasant exchange between a developer and a critic.
- — Feminist Frequency (@femfreq)Fri, Aug 09 2013 03:35:39@mossmouth For the record I play Spelunky all the time and think it's an awesome game (minus the whole damsel mechanic issue).
- — Derek Yu (@mossmouth)Fri, Aug 09 2013 04:14:00@femfreq Thanks, Anita - I appreciate that! And I'm looking forward to the rest of your series. It's already given me a lot to think about.
- Part III: People who don't like Anita's videos start arguing that Derek should be offended by her critique of Spelunky. Let the reasonable responses begin!
- — JackDandy (@dandy_jack)Fri, Aug 09 2013 18:06:26
- — JackDandy (@dandy_jack)Fri, Aug 09 2013 18:07:36
- — Corbin Fetters (@Caffett4)Fri, Aug 09 2013 20:06:46
- — Penakoto (@Penakoto)Fri, Aug 09 2013 18:27:36
- — Derek Yu (@mossmouth)Fri, Aug 09 2013 18:40:09
- — Derek Yu (@mossmouth)Fri, Aug 09 2013 19:07:31
- — Derek Yu (@mossmouth)Fri, Aug 09 2013 19:10:01
- — JackDandy (@dandy_jack)Fri, Aug 09 2013 18:28:09
- — JackDandy (@dandy_jack)Fri, Aug 09 2013 19:21:35
Reasonable Responses to the Unreasonable: Derek Yu!
This week's "Reasonable Responses to the Unreasonable" award goes to @mossmouth Derek Yu for talking so reasonably to a bunch of people who couldn't understand why he might listen to Feminist Frequency's critique of Spelunky's "damsel in distress."
byNaomi Clark7 Likes23,993 Views