- This twitter chat was based on helping teachers and technology developers get the best out of technology. It seemed like everyone was on the same page with the offered questions and these tweets I have storified, compliment my philosophy well.
- Question 1: How is equity an issue in tech?
- — Sharon LePage Plante (@iplante)Tue, Apr 14 2015 00:07:07
- Question 2: What should the priority be when developing new tech tools?
- — Patrick Miller (@pmillerscdsb)Tue, Apr 14 2015 00:21:12A2 Priority for new edtech tools should be to help students find authentic audiences for their thinking and questioning. #edtechchat
- Question 3: How can educators work with entrepreneurs to create better tools?
- — Lissy Rosen (@lissyrosen)Tue, Apr 14 2015 00:29:15A3: collaboration! And sharing with others any classroom problems/situations that have yet to be solved with technology #edtechchat
- Question 4: What should tech developers know about how the classroom works?
- — Megan Ballachey (@MBallacheyedu)Tue, Apr 14 2015 00:32:45
- — Megan Ballachey (@MBallacheyedu)Tue, Apr 14 2015 00:32:13Q4: developers need to know not how schools work now, but how they need to work in the near future #edtechchat
- Question 5: What are ways for the entrepreneurs and educators to connect?
- Questions 6: Educators: share your advice with tech developers
- — Michael Podraza (@EGHSPrincipalRI)Tue, Apr 14 2015 00:53:14A6 Advice- No more low level MC & games that force Ss to race to be 1st. Help Eds & Ss go deeper and connect to others/experts #edtechchat
- It seemed as if the overall theme of this Twitter chat was to get feedback from the teachers for tech companies and app development teams. I noticed a few "lurkers" on the chat that would give their product a couple plugs here and there. I appreciated the comments from my fellow peers, but I would like to participate in a chat that actually provide collaboration from teacher to teacher on the great ways to incorporate specific technology in the classroom.
My first twitter chat...Here are my bests and favorites of the chat