- — Melissa DiPento (@mdipento)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:00:10
- — Melissa DiPento (@mdipento)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:00:37
- — Melissa DiPento (@mdipento)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:02:20
- — Melony Shemberger (@DrMelShemberger)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:04:18
- — Lisa Heyamoto (@LisaHeyamoto)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:04:34I’m Lisa. I teach journalism and experiential learning at the @uosocj at the U of Oregon. I’m also an avid unicyclist. JK I wish. #EdShift
- — Kim Fox (@KimFoxWOSU)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:04:49
- — Kate Nash Cunningham (@katenashnm)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:05:42#CJ375 students should join in now! #edshift (Wish I could join too but can't.) https://twitter.com/katenashnm/status/900791177053478912 …
- — Angelique Cherie (@tresAngelique)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:06:01
- — Taylor Ysteboe (@discoysteboe)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:06:45
- — Abe Hefter (@hefteronthehabs)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:09:42Greetings from the University of Hartford. Long-time sports broadcaster/broadcast journalist joining the #EdShift chat!
- — Cindy Royal (@CindyRoyal)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:10:22#edshift Hi. I'm from TX State University. Jumping on here before my 12:30 class. I lead our Digital Media Innovation major/Innovation Lab.
- We kicked off the chat by discussing some of our goals for the year. We heard from both students and educators.
- — Kristine Villanueva (@kristine_ish)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:06:26Q1: Students, what are your learning goals for the year? Educators, what are your teaching goals for the year? #EdShift
- — Lisa Heyamoto (@LisaHeyamoto)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:08:19A1: Last year was all about journalism’s crucial role in a democracy. This year, it’s how to better live up to that responsibility. #EdShift
- — Melony Shemberger (@DrMelShemberger)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:08:42A1: Goals as educator: Integrate more web tools as newsgathering techniques, push value of research/deep digging. #EdShift https://twitter.com/kristine_ish/status/902940587627859968 …
- — magdakon (@magdakon)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:09:01A1: I want to move beyond omg, there's fake news, to thinking about what we should do about it as students, citizens, journalists #EdShift
- — Paolo Zialcita (@paolozialcita)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:09:33A1: Become more innovative. Last year I learned VR. This year I want to look at more new tech and software #EdShift
- — Kim Fox (@KimFoxWOSU)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:10:19
- — Taylor Ysteboe (@discoysteboe)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:10:51
- — AleksandraMihailovic (@AleksMihailovic)Wed, Aug 30 2017 17:11:07A1: Leanring goals for the year: Challenge myself inside and out of the classroom, by engaging in new challenges to prosper from #EdShift
#EdShift Chat: Journalism Students, Professors Set Goals for the Year Ahead
Aimed at fostering a conversation among journalism students, educators and professionals, we touched on curriculum, new technologies, evolving journalism models, innovation, diversity and more.