- The Queen's Diamond Jubilee is going to take place early June 2012.
So a Diamond Jubilee Tour is on the programme.
- The South West of England (English Riviera) has not been forgotten. On 2nd May 2012, The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will arrive in Princesshay Square (Exeter) during the late morning, travelling by car via the High Street.
- It will be a visit to remember: "...Crowds are expected to gather along the High Street and in Princesshay Square early, so a series of community events and performances have been organised in the main square from 9am to entertain people as they wait to welcome Her Majesty the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. They include dance and musical performances from local groups, which will also be relayed to crowds on a large screen located on the High Street..." source: thisisthewestcountry.co.uk
- Some families throughout England have planned street parties for the long bank holiday weekend taking place in June. It really seems that since The Royal Wedding, which took place on 29th April 2011, The Royals are back in the hearts of a many citizens.
More recently, Prince Charles has decided to sell his Aston Martin Volante 6.3 litre convertible. Not the one used during Prince William & Catherine Middleton though (Aston Martin DB6 Mark 2). The one for auction is a 1994 Aston.
- The convertible will be sold as part of Bonhams' Aston Martin Sale at Aston Martin Works Service, Newport Pagnell on 19th May, 2012.
£70,000 for a used Aston Martin is rather decent and certainly in very good condition too. Some people can see such purchase as an alternative investment with more potential than any other cars. Who doesn't like beautiful cars? And the buyer could also use it as a wedding feature for photos and why not as a special service with a private chauffeur.
A couple of years ago, The Queen's Jaguar Daimler Majestic V8 was also for sale.
- Always interesting/exciting to see or even get such vehicle. But not always easy to get the amount of cash required. Investement strategy seems to be the right solution.
Whether you decide to bid on the Aston Martin, or just follow the bidders and the waving paddles - it will certainly be a superb moment for the owner.
And concerning the Jubilee, whether you like or dislike The Royal Family it still gives you an extra day off...hard to complain!