- — dejah_thoris (@dejah_thoris)Wed, Jul 19 2017 22:44:05I also wasn't able to finish the audiobook manifestation of Hillbilly Elegy for tomorrow's #mclschat so no spoilers, ok?
- — dejah_thoris (@dejah_thoris)Thu, Jul 20 2017 18:21:37A2 I just got to Disc 7 (college years) so I'm not sure yet. His military experience was well described and thoughtfully analyzed. #mclschat
- — dejah_thoris (@dejah_thoris)Thu, Jul 20 2017 18:24:49A3 I'm trying to remember what exactly that theory was. Did he mean it'll be extinct bc it limits what we define as success? #mclschat
- — Lorie Long (@LorieALong)Thu, Jul 20 2017 18:29:38#mclschat I think people give up on themselves because they don't get or have the support they need to thrive. not everyone though.
- — Lorie Long (@LorieALong)Thu, Jul 20 2017 18:35:10#mclschat a book came out not long ago, I forget the name :) but it discussed addiction as a reflection of an impoverished environment.
- — Lorie Long (@LorieALong)Thu, Jul 20 2017 18:36:54#mclschat I also got it when he talked about how he now felt different after he left his home community. he could truly never go back home
- — dejah_thoris (@dejah_thoris)Thu, Jul 20 2017 18:38:57A4 Unemployment is a little more complicated. Some of it is due to personal poor behavior but there's structural issues too. #mclschat
Third Thurs Twitter Chat July 2017 - Libraries Read: 1 Book, Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance