- You may or may not give two wet farts about this:
- But damn if some (white) folks have taken great umbrage at apparently blasphemous casting decisions:
- — Papi Chulo™ (@Josh_theboss17)Thu, Mar 06 2014 14:23:04They are remaking Annie with a black girl. If it's a remake, shouldn't she be white? Just like Annie.
- — Joe Fitzpatrick (@JosFitzpatrick)Thu, Mar 06 2014 08:45:32So in the modern day version of Annie, they've ditched the pale ginger girl and replaced her with a black girl, that's strange #notracist
- — Lucy moffat (@lcmoff)Thu, Mar 06 2014 13:20:40I seriously don't know how I feel about this. Ginger Annie is now black and Diaz is playing Miss Hannigan? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ1hCK4ZVGw …
'Annie' is back (in black): A white Twitter freakout compendium
Quvenzhané Wallis and Jamie Foxx star in the rebooted, beloved big screen Hollywood classic -- and some white folks have lost their shit at the notion of 'Annie' as Negro.
byMatthew Elliot1 Like6,435 Views