- — Ben Hoffman (@BeniHoff)Fri, May 11 2012 02:06:30Great crowd here at Clooney/Obama dinner. Damon/Pitt/Jolie, etc. but great to see "new" stars like Taylor Swift/Zac Efron showing up.
- — Ben Hoffman (@BeniHoff)Fri, May 11 2012 02:22:08At table w/ Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top. Whispers "I'm a Democrat 2nite" Didn't know his political affiliation/doesn't matter. Great musician.
- — Ben Hoffman (@BeniHoff)Fri, May 11 2012 02:35:08Seth MacFarlane on the mic. John Mayer on piano. Thought he was guitar player? Either way, great version of Banner - better than Whitney imo
- — Ben Hoffman (@BeniHoff)Fri, May 11 2012 03:00:01Is anyone else at party who lives at/near Bel Air? Billy Gibbons wants to stay but his ride is leaving. Happy to drive him but not on my way
- — Ben Hoffman (@BeniHoff)Fri, May 11 2012 03:42:50Colin Farrell is giving Billy Gibbons a ride home. Billy can literally walk home from Colin's place. Awesome. Not a drive I wanted to make.
- — Ben Hoffman (@BeniHoff)Fri, May 11 2012 03:39:43At 3% battery. Not looking good. Maggie Gyllenhal (sp?) has an iphone. Says she never heard of a Samsung Knack. (She looks great, btw)
- More than a handful of Hoffman's followers fell for the joke - even Business Insider, which has since corrected its story.
- Others just loved the joke:
- — Rusty Shaffers (@rustyshaffers)Fri, May 11 2012 16:31:42The live play by play of the Clooney/Obama dinner last night by @BeniHoff was pure genius. Greatest night of Twitter yet
Comedian Fake Live Tweets Obama Dinner at Clooney's House
Ben Hoffman, a Los Angeles-based comedian, pseudo livetweeted President Obama's record-setting Thursday night fundraiser dinner at George Clooney's house. Here's the hilarious transcript.
byMashable4 Likes18,164 Views