- Failing is never easy. What’s even harder is finding the strength and the will to bounce back from a struggle. What holds many professionals back in business is the fear of failure. However, it’s in the midst of that struggle where you learn how to build up grit, endurance and the self-confidence to overcome obstacles.
Truly, the fear of failure starts in the mind. When presented with an opportunity that has an unknown trajectory, your mind instantly starts to formulate different scenarios that usually doesn’t resolve in a pleasant outcome. It’s a defense mechanism. In order to counteract this career-crippling habit, we're here to share tips on how to shift your mindset from a negative into a positive and learn to fail forward.
@mashbusines and several spiritual advisors and career experts participated in a #BizChats Twitter chat to discuss how professionals how to overcome obstacles in business.
- — Mashable Business (@mashbusiness)Wed, Jul 13 2016 18:00:19Welcome to #BizChats! Today we’re discussing how to turn your failures into successes in business. Please introduce yourselves!
- — Mashable Business (@mashbusiness)Wed, Jul 13 2016 18:02:06#BizChats tip #1: Be sure to number your answers according to the question you're answering. (ie., Q1.--> A1., Q2. --> A2., Q3. --> A3.)
- — Mashable Business (@mashbusiness)Wed, Jul 13 2016 18:03:02
- Question 1:
- — Chelsea Krost (@ChelseaKrost)Wed, Jul 13 2016 18:05:33Q1A1: Its funny to think that we should embrace failure. But failure comes along with a lot of learning lessons. #bizchats
- — Chelsea Krost (@ChelseaKrost)Wed, Jul 13 2016 18:06:18Q1A2: Although failure hurts it should motivate you to learn from what was done wrong & tackle the next task that much smarter. #bizchats
- — Marianne Williamson (@marwilliamson)Wed, Jul 13 2016 18:05:43A1. I wouldn’t say embrace your failure, but accept it and learn from it. The pain has a lot to teach you. #BizChats
- — Motivational Speaker (@chuckgallagher)Wed, Jul 13 2016 18:06:07A1. Duality exists. Hot cold. Black white. There can be no success without failure! Embrace failure and success is possible. #BizChats
- — Motivational Speaker (@chuckgallagher)Wed, Jul 13 2016 18:06:41A1. How can you learn what works if you don’t first find out what doesn’t. What doesn’t is failure. The first step to success. #BizChats
- — Marianne Williamson (@marwilliamson)Wed, Jul 13 2016 18:07:14A1. If we learn from our failures, we go forward prepared to succeed where we failed before. #BizChats
- — Joynicole Martinez (@JoynicoleM)Wed, Jul 13 2016 18:07:06A1 Failure results from an attempt. No trial & error, no education, no growth. Failing just indicates a flaw in the tested formula #BizChats
- — The UPS Store (@TheUPSStore)Wed, Jul 13 2016 18:06:53A1:Sometimes not trying costs more than failure for our entrepreneurial customers: http://bit.ly/1Ran4Do #BizChats https://twitter.com/mashbusiness/status/753289164766978048 …
- — Motivational Speaker (@chuckgallagher)Wed, Jul 13 2016 18:08:15A1. Our current choices - having learned from the past - allow us to create the future we desire. There we find success. #BizChats
- — Ashley N Santos (@ashi1104)Wed, Jul 13 2016 18:08:16A1: No one is an expert at everything all the time. Perseverance is huge in life, especially in the business world! #BizChats
- — Gary Taylor (@garytaylorceo)Wed, Jul 13 2016 18:10:13A1 You learn as much, if not more, from your failures as from your successes. Failure helps you realize there's room to grow. #bizchats
#BizChats: How to fail forward in business
Mashable discussed how to grow professionally and push past fear in business.
byMashable3 Likes5,120 Views